How to hide drive in Windows 7 is a very common question which comes in our mind number of times. This article is being posted to resolve this question.
There are many third party softwares available in market which can facilitate us to hide drive.
But if any software is installed in your system, it does not allow you to install those softwares which hide drives or folders.
Windows 7 itself allows its users to hide drive through disk management tool. You just need to follow given steps in order to hide drive.
- Select the drive you want to hide and place you all private data in it.
- Now open the start menu and move your cursor to My Computer. By right-clicking and my computer, you will get option to manage your computer. Open the computer management by clicking it.
- Go to disk management and open it. You would be able to see all the drives of you system.
- Right-click at the drive you want to hide and select “Change drives letter and paths” option.
- A small window will be arrived which would allow you to remove the drive letter.
- Windows will get confirmation from you that whether you really want to remove drive letter or path? Confirm it by clicking at yes.
- Window will inform you that the drive you are trying to hide is in use and removing its path can cause problems in the future. Don’t get worried from this option. Click at “yes” to continue.
- You will notice that the drive letter has been removed. Now window will not be able to access files of this drive as you have already removed the path through which this drive can be accessed.
- Congratulations! You have succeeded to hide your drive. You can confirm it by going to “My Computer” and check this drive. You would not be able to see it.
- Now if you want to access this drive, you would need to bring it in the “My Computer” again. In the disk management tool, right click at that drive and again go to “change drive letters and paths” option. Assign letter to the drive and click ok. Your drive will be appeared in “My Computer”.
Note: If you want to hide drive through this procedure, it’s better to hide your last drive of your system. No one would be able to figure out whether there can be another drive or not.